Plan B One-Step Emergency Contraceptive
Plan B One-Step emergency contraception is a backup plan that helps prevent pregnancy when taken as directed within 72 hours (3 days) after unprotected sex or birth control failure. The sooner it’s taken, the better it works. Plan B One-Step is available for any woman who needs it with no age restriction.
What Plan B One-Step is:
- The # 1 OB/GYN recommended brand* of emergency contraception
- Easy to find in the family planning aisle of many retail stores without a prescription or ID and with no age restriction
- Chosen by millions of women
- Emergency contraception that contains the same hormone used in many birth control pills just at a higher dose. It should not be used as regular birth control because it’s not as effective
Made in United States
Read the instructions, warning and enclosed product leaflet in box before use.
This product works mainly by preventing ovulation (egg release). It may also prevent fertilization of a released egg (joining sperm and egg) or attachment of a fertilized egg to the uterus (implantation).
©Plan B One-Step
WARNINGS: When used as directed, Plan B One-Step is generally safe and effective. Plan B One-Step contains Levonorgestrel, the same hormone used in many birth control pills, just at a higher dose. It shouldn't be used as regular birth control, because it's not as effective. Some women may experience side effects, which may include:
- a period that is lighter, heavier, early, or late
- lower abdominal cramps
- breast tenderness
Some women taking Plan B One-Step may have changes in their period, such as spotting or bleeding, before their next period. If your period is more than a week late, you should get a pregnancy test and follow up with your healthcare professional.
If you vomit within 2 hours of taking the medication, call a healthcare professional to find out if you should repeat the dose. If you experience severe abdominal pain, you may have an ectopic (outside the uterus) pregnancy and should get immediate medical attention.
Product image may differ from item received due to manufacturer packaging update.